Western Area Power Administration is issuing a request for proposals for renewable energy certificates, or RECs, for five Federal agencies:
- U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- U.S. Department of Energy, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- U.S. Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration, Sandia National Laboratories
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Superfund Program
- U.S. Department of Energy, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden Field Office
RECs represent the environmental attributes of energy generated by renewable resources such as solar, wind, biomass or landfill gas, physically delivered into the electric grid.
For more information on how to submit an RFP or on the program, see the full press release.